I ran across this blog from Chuck Lawless and I want to share this with you. Enjoy!
Want to do some new things at church this weekend? See if any of these suggestions would be a “new” thing in your life:
* Invite somebody to go with you.
* Skip breakfast before church, and instead fast and pray.
* Get to church before the service starts.
* Prepare your heart by forgiving that church member or leader who’s made you mad.
* Sit closer to the front, leaving room in the back for guests who come late.
* Introduce yourself to someone you don’t know.
* Sing for God’s glory, even if you don’t like the song.
* Increase your offering by at least 25 percent.
* If you use your phone for your Bible, stay off the Internet during the service.
* Listen closely to the sermon to see what God has to say to you. Take notes.
* Plan to do something different in your life because of the preached Word.
* Personally thank your pastor for leading your church.
* Stay longer after church, and actually talk to people.
* When you get in the car as you leave, lead your family to thank God for your church.